At some point or another, every child needs a break from the demands of school and learning to enjoy some fun and less mentally challenging activities. That is why although we maintain an educational, nurturing environment in our facilities, we also offer extracurricular activities for your child as well. Extracurricular activities are an important part of the development of children, as they offer a massive list of benefits. Some of the main benefits include:
- Improved academic performance
- Higher self-esteem
- Increased social opportunities
- Ability to explore interests
- Productive breaks from schooling
- Physical benefits (for select activities)
- Development of life skills (problem-solving, teamwork, leadership, communication, etc.)
Ultimately, extracurricular activities provide more opportunities for your child to learn and grow, while they take a much-needed, fun break from the more serious pace of learning and school.
Extracurricular Activities We Offer in Raleigh
Here at Primary Beginnings in Raleigh, extracurricular activities that provide physical fitness and further motor development are considered extremely important to us.
As mentioned before, physical fitness is essential to maintain good health in children of all ages. Amazing Athletes of Raleigh help to combat the numerous health concerns that spur from physical inactivity by encouraging physical fitness and an active lifestyle in children. This organization offers several programs for children from 18 months thru older aged children that individually teach children complex motor skills through fun activities and games and help children reach and exceed their motor development goals. Each program is age appropriate and individually designed to achieve motor skills needed in a particular age group, as well as overall better children both physically and academically.
- Amazing Athletes Tots. Amazing Tots is specifically for children from 18 months to 2.5 years and seeks to advance your children’s physical and mental capabilities. The program includes a 20-25-minute weekly session that involves physical challenges and discovery-based sports lessons that develop the vestibular system and locomotor skills. Other activities include color recognition, shape classification, vocabulary, and letter identification.
- Amazing Athletes Preschool. This program is designed for children between the age of 2.5 to 6 years old and is individually paced to help children reach their developmental milestones. The 30-25-minute sessions include structured physical activities, which are shown to cause several advantages that promote health and wellness.
- Amazing Athletes Training Academy. Per Amazing Athletes, “The Amazing Athletes Training Academy is a non-competitive sports-based training program designed to keep older children active and engaged through advanced physical fitness challenges and interactive sports skills lessons.” It is solely focused on individual development and progression rather than competition and incorporates activities like strength training, speed & conditioning, team-based endurance challenges, and partner-based training. Sessions last between 45 and 60 minutes and are held weekly.
Need A Fun, Productive Environment for Your Child? Call Today!
Here at Primary Beginnings Child Development Center in Raleigh, our team highly values and understands the importance of both extracurricular activities and physical fitness. That is why we do whatever it takes to ensure that your child is not only in an educational, nurturing environment but also apart of beneficial extracurricular activities that further development and promote health and wellness. After all, your child’s health and development are thoroughly considered and important to our team members. For more information about our extracurricular activities or to schedule a tour of our child development centers in Raleigh, call us today at 919.790.6888 or fill out the form below.