Finding and choosing the right child care facility for your child is one of the most important decisions you make as a parent. There are many factors to take into consideration including location and licenses.
Researchers have also identified the following items that parents should look for when considering a Raleigh child care center.
Child Care Center Checklist
- Are children supervised at all times, even when napping?
- How do the caregivers discipline children?
- Do caregivers always keep a hand on the child while diapering?
- Does the director of a child care center have a bachelor’s degree in a child-related field?
- Has the director worked in child care for at least two years?
- Does the school emphasize the importance of early childhood education?
- Does the teacher give children lessons and toys that are right for their ages?
- How many children are being cared for in the child care program?
- What is the teacher to child ratio?
- Does the child care program have an emergency plan if a child is injured, sick, or lost?
- Does the child care program have first-aid kits?
- Does the child care program have information about who to contact in an emergency?
- Does the child care program have a plan in case of a disaster like a fire, tornado, flood, blizzard, or earthquake?
- Have all caregivers and teachers undergone background check?
- Have caregivers been trained how to keep children healthy and safe from injury and illness?
- Is the playground surrounded by a fence?
- If there is a sandbox, is it clean?
- Is equipment the right size and type for the age of children who use it?
Choosing a Child Care Center in Raleigh?
Primary Beginnings Child Development Centers in Raleigh chooses to apply and achieve the highest rated license to support our philosophy of providing quality care for young children. Each child care center is rated 5 Star which is the highest rated child care license. Request a tour of one of our Raleigh child care locations near you!