Preschoolers can be pretty picky when it comes to eating dinner, and the last thing you want to do when you come home from a long day at work is fight with them about eating their veggies. Next time you’re at the dinner table, in a power struggle over “just 3 more bites” try these tips on dealing with picky eaters.
- Eat the Rainbow – Your little ones need a variety of colorful fruits and veggies. Make it fun for your preschooler by using the rainbow as a guide to make sure they are getting their required nutritional value.
- Hide Healthy Foods – Find creative ways to get the healthy foods into your toddler’s diet. Blueberry and banana pancakes or zucchini and carrot muffins are good ways to sneak the healthy foods into your toddler’s diet.
- Offer Variety – For snack time, offer a snack tray with a variety of healthy snacks your toddler can nibble on. Having options gives your child control over what they are eating, but you, as the parent, can relax knowing that they are snacking healthily.
- Dip it – Kids like to dip their foods into things in order to make it tastier. Give your kids snack options that can de dipped into greek yogurt, cream cheese, peanut butter, guacamole, or other healthy dip options.
- Set an Example – If you don’t want to eat a certain food, your child won’t want to either. Set an example for your child, even when it comes to eating.
Primary Beginnings Raleigh preschools provides fresh, healthy snacks and meals to our preschoolers. We are proud partners of the Farm to Child Care program, which supplies our child care center with fresh, local fruits and veggies.
Want to Learn More About Primary Beginnings?
Primary Beginnings Child Development Centers have two locations in Raleigh. Schedule a tour of our 5-star child care center today.