As the field of early childhood education has evolved, The Creative Curriculum continues to incorporate the latest research and best practices and taking the needs of every type of learner into account.
Primary Beginnings has chosen to follow this curriculum to foster creativity in each child.
The Creative Curriculum® for Infants, Toddlers, & Twos
The Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers, & Twos has helped teachers understand developmentally appropriate practice and how to create daily routines and meaningful experiences that respond to children’s strengths, interests and needs.
The Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers, & Twos, focuses on responsive care while incorporating objectives that enable teachers to focus on what matters most for very young children. This edition helps teachers to plan and implement every aspect of caring for and teaching children from birth to age 3.
The Foundation outlines the research behind the curriculum and discusses the five central components of nurturing care and teaching.
Routines & Experiences
Routines and Experiences discusses the five routines and eight experiences that are essential to the development and learning of children birth to age 3, explaining how to plan intentionally while maintaining the flexibility to respond to the changing interests and abilities of young children.
Objectives for Development & Learning: Birth Through Kindergarten
Objectives for Development and Learning explains the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that matter most to the continuing development and learning of very young children. It is a tool to help teachers observe children effectively.
The Creative Curriculum® System for Preschool
(expanding into all preschool classrooms by Fall 2012)
The Creative Curriculum System for Preschool is an award-winning curriculum system for preschool success. It features research-based content and daily resources that are fully aligned with the state early learning standards and provides the theory and research foundation of the curriculum and helps teachers set up their classrooms.
Teaching Guides offer daily plans to help teachers provide individualized instruction for every child and organize and manage every moment of their day, all year long.
Teaching Guides Include:
- Knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why” and “how” of early childhood education.
- Daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- The important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math, to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- Daily, built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
- Complete support for working with English and dual-language learners, including detailed guidance that helps to build teachers’ knowledge about best practices.
- Guidance for working with all learners, including advanced learners.
Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum System enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.